Originally from Ireland, Kate cut her romance reader teeth on Maeve Binchy and Jilly Cooper novels, with some Mills & Boon thrown in for variety. Give her tales about brooding mill owners, oversexed equestrians, and men who can rock an apron or a fire hose, and she’s there. Now based in Chicago, she writes sexy contemporary romance with alpha heroes and strong heroines who can match their men quip for quip.
FUN FACTS ABOUT KATE
- She got married in a tenth century castle nestled in the hills of Florence, Italy. Read all about it.
- She hates peanut butter, pretzels, and ketchup. These dislikes are enough to label her “un-American” by her husband.
- She has degrees in law (useless), medieval history (not as useless), and library science (yay, using). P.S. Twelfth century nuns rock.
- She didn’t write any fiction until well into her thirties, proving it is never too late to follow your dream.
- She is a dual citizen: Irish and American. When she became an American citizen, her husband played a prank on her that was 17 years in the making. One day, she’ll share that story but for now, it remains locked in the vault!