Three hard-bodied ice warriors. Three powerful, gorgeous sisters. A failing hockey franchise, its glory days long gone. Meet the heroes and heroines determined to raise the Chicago Rebels out of the gutter and shine up the team’s tarnished armor.
Half-sisters Harper, Isobel, and Violet can barely stand to be in the same room together, but fate has conspired to give them joint control of their father’s beloved hockey franchise on his death. However, the “tools” they need to succeed (read: stubborn hockey hotties) need to step up their game. And when love’s on the line, who’s ready to shoot, score, and bag the biggest prize of all?
The world is watching, the stakes monumental. Three women forging ahead in the testosterone-soaked world of professional sports. A band of broken-down players looking for a way back to the big time. Games won and lost, love lost and found.
The Chicago Rebels will be tested . . . and only the strongest will survive.
Do I need to read the Chicago Rebels series in order?
All the books are standalones as far as the romances are concerned -- one couple per book, no cliffhangers! -- but because the books take place over the course of one season, there's a definite build as the team's story plays out in the drive to the playoffs. Starting with IRRESISTIBLE YOU will probably make the payoff more rewarding. Here's the order:
0.5 IN SKATES TROUBLE (Ford and Addison), prequel novella
1. IRRESISTIBLE YOU (Remy and Harper) - August 14, 2017
2. SO OVER YOU (Vadim and Isobel) - December 4, 2017
2.5 UNDONE BY YOU (Dante and ???), novella - February 2018
3. HOOKED ON YOU (Bren and Violet) - Spring 2018
Will the books be available in print and audio?
Yes to print; not yet to audio. However, print will be handled differently than my past releases. There will be a mass-market option for the full-length novels (1, 2, and 3) but they will not be available in brick and mortar bookstores. There are boring publishing reasons for this, but suffice it to say, that you can order print books from online vendors like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I will also have print books available at signings.
Why do you have Dante's partner in UNDONE BY YOU marked with "???"?
UNDONE BY YOU, Book 2.5, will be a m/m (male/male romance) entry in the series. Dante is the team's general manager and his hero is a player hiding his sexual preference. The identity of this player won't become apparent until Book 2 -- or if you read the blurb for UNDONE BY YOU when that's available. At which point I'll probably just sub in the player's name and do away with this question.
Tell me more about the heroes!
- Ford (IN SKATES TROUBLE) – Chicago born and raised, younger than heroine, driven AF, looks like a Viking
- Remy (IRRESISTIBLE YOU) – Cajun hockey veteran, caretaker alpha, uber-romantic, woos with sandwiches
- Vadim (SO OVER YOU) – Russian hockey god, failed to give heroine an orgasm the first time around when they were teens and he took her virginity (ouch!), now he’s back to do her right!
- Dante (UNDONE BY YOU) – Former player, the Rebel’s general manager, first openly gay executive in pro hockey, could pass as David Gandy’s understudy. His hero? A closeted, younger player on his team. So many kinds of wrong, all of them delicious.
- Bren (HOOKED ON YOU) – Grumpy, bearded Scot, recovering alcoholic, adores his two young daughters, might need a nanny. (You see where this is going, right?)
And the ladies . . .
- Addison (IN SKATES TROUBLE) - full-figured former model, now designer, older than hero, calls it how she sees it
- Harper (IRRESISTIBLE YOU) - petite blonde with ladyballs of steel, expected to run team outright, needs someone to show her she's worth the trouble
- Isobel (SO OVER YOU) - hockey and Olympic champion turned coach after injury, done with boy drama and hockey divas!
- Violet (HOOKED ON YOU) - Stevie Nicks-loving, free-spirited Latina, treating her life as a do-over, has a weakness for grumpy :)
I'm not a hockey fan. Will I be confused? or I am a hockey fan. Are you going to piss me off because you don't know anything about my favorite sport?
No, to both! Hockey will figure BUT it won't overtake the books. I prefer to focus on the romance, including the team bromances, and give you enough game detail to keep it real yet not bore the non-sports lovers.
Will there be links between this and the Hot in Chicago series?
Read and see!